Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Patience

Back by popular demand!

This actually happened last week, but since I have been a bit sick and generally stressed out tying up a lot of loose ends...I am only writing it now, but I feel it is story worthy enough to get its 15 mins.

I drove into the hospital that I work at in Jerusalem. My last day. As you enter there is a boom gate - one leading to the lower car park that is straight ahead, another to the left that passes by the front of the hospital. A car drove in before me, and just stopped, halfway inbetween the two of them so I could not get passed. The Israeli in me - tooted my horn - the car inched a little forward but not enough for me to pass. I looked at the security guard with a "what does this guy think he is doing?" face, and believe me, you can read exactly what I am thinking from my face. He just shrugged.

Next thing you know, the driver is out of his car, walking around to mine, tapping on the window and the following conversation ensued...in Hebrew...
Random guy who won't move his car: Why are you honking?
Me: Because you are just standing there and not moving
Random guy: Do you know that you are on Hospital property?
Me: Yes
Random guy: Do you know that I am the head of the hospital? Who are you?
Me: I work here
Head of the Hospital: What is your name?
Me: Gila, but I am leaving tomorrow...
Head of the Hospital: I am glad.

That my friends is how you leave a job that you have worked in for 5 years!

2 comments: