Sunday, August 26, 2012

Modem

I thought that today I remembered everything. I resolved that next time I forget something I will start a blog so here it is. Like any writing of mine, I guess it's meant to be some type of therapy. I thought that if I itemise every day what I forget then eventually I will end up with a list of things to check off.

As a researcher, I am interested to see if there are any patterns so maybe I could make a graph or a table with colours. That appears to be some sort of area of expertise of mine.

There must be a reason behind it all. I'd like to philosophise about it, I would like to think I am stressed, but this is after all just a first world problem.

Today I forgot my modem. I had to bring it to work, because I work, so the tech support guy, could not come to my house between the hours of 10am - 2pm to bring me a new modem, because I work. So they will come to your place of work, if you bring with you the old modem with you. I sort of laughed at them when they said that, because as if they will be able to find my building....I work on a large hospital campus where no one can find anything. The whole thing is just ridiculous.

This whole thing started because I wanted to upgrade my internet speed, after upgrading my interenet speed, this entitled me to a new modem. I didn't ask for it. Then they start sending you text messages bugging me to call to arrange a time for them to come. I didn't reply. Eventually someone called me, and after explaining to them that I work, and that I can not be waiting at home at the most inconvenient times ever for them to come whenever they feel to give me somethign that I didn't ask for, she said that they can bring it to my work.

After a weekend away up North, relaxing, drinking wine, and generally forgetting about life, I left my apartment this morning and started congratulating myself on remembering everything. Needless to say, I was surprised to receive the call from the Bezeq dude asking me "Tell me exactly where your building is at the hospital?", because how could he miss the new map of the campus, which has on it, everything except the main building and also because I forgot my old modem.

He told me he's going to report this to the main centre, and that they will call me again toa rrange another time. I couldn't do that with him.

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment